Here are some PLANET-STEM and progenitor/partner program Successes:
Global Hands-On Universe:
- 30,000 teachers around the world have attended GHOU meetings
- GHOU materials are part of the Bavarian State Curriculum
- GHOU Materials are part of the French National Curriculum
- Over a thousand teachers a year are trained in GTTP sessions every year, around the world
- Research indicates students learn almost twice as much as they do in normal classes (link to Colleen's pages)
- Over 6000 Modeling Instructors in the United States
- Combining GHOU materials/resources with Modeling Instruction pedagogy, Middle School English Language Learners typically learned twice as much as control groups in pilots in the United States.
- In Santiago economically challenged neighborhoods, students learned 43% more materials using PLANET-STEM resources!
- Over 60 teachers certificates for using GHOU materials available for use with students and ConnectaIdea Collaboration System to come on line in November